My Favorites

Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Quilts & The Foyer

We have a foyer wall in our home that has always been a challenge.  It seems wider than the furniture I have available to place on the wall.  Or maybe it is just me, I want a change.  Not sure, but I have been doing some different arrangements, just to try to make it interesting.  First I put a grouping of things, sorry no photo, but basically a hodge-podge of things.  It was ok for a while---to quote hubby "it grows on you".  I don't think that is a positive comment???   Anyway, I really didn't like it, wasn't me, but it was different.  The other day I started looking at the wall and thought "quilts".  Maybe if I take down some of the things and add a couple of my little quilts.  So that is what I'm going to do.  Far from complete, my goal will be a total of about 5 or 6 quilts.  To start off, Civil War Nine Patch and Hannah Lou's Hearts has been added.

Hannah Lou's Hearts
I made this quilt a few years ago.  It was inspired by Jude Hill's technique of layering fabrics.  The little quilt is 11 x 12 inches and has appliqued hearts from the Dear Jane pattern book, charms and lots and lots of hand quilting.  This little quilt was a real joy to make, a break from traditional quilting techniques.


This  photo---shows just a small of the foyer wall.  May look strange, but I'll explain as more quilts are added and things are removed.  Stay tuned!  Happy Quilting!

1 comment:

  1. I love this kind of decorating with a variety of items! To me, it shows off the real 'heart of the home' and the lovely and talented people who live there! Do share the final reveal when you are done!

    ReplyDelete