My Favorites

Monday, August 29, 2011

Ready for Quilting

My Liberated Round Robin quilt top Dogs and Dots is finished and ready for quilting.  I added a 2" border of various fabric I used in the project, readjusted some dots and, of course,  added one more dog with a dotted sweater.   The top measures 22 x 22 inches.   I have a Mary Engelbreit looking laundry room and I think this little quilt will work perfect as a wall hanging. 
Quilting is my problem area on projects.  I do a lot of hand quilting, but would so like to become a free motion quilter.   I'm not sure how I'm going to quilt this little project.  Any suggestions would be welcomed
I get lost in planning what type of quilting to do in the different areas of a quilt, especially one like this where there are so many different design elements.

The AAQI quilts are in the mail--all 21 of them.  So now I can concentrate on my Critter Quilt.  I have been making various blocks and collecting novelty fabrics to represent some of my critters that are a little difficult to draw or stitch together, so I'm to the point of joining blocks and rows.  As I get more of them together I show them in a post.  Until then, Happy Quilting!!

1 comment:

  1. Such a pretty project! I"m just learning to FMQ. I do a different design in each block, so I'm no help to you at all. But I'm glad you do the Liberated Round Robin! It was fun to see your wall hanging grow...!

    ReplyDelete