My Favorites

Saturday, July 30, 2011

LRR Round 4 Completed

I made some changes to Dogs and Dots. I wasn't coping with my round 3 rectangles with curves well, so I just chopped them off and made a small border of rectangles, added a 2" black border and started adding curves. I used both needle turn applique and iron on applique. I may add a little embroidery to the floating dots, but for now it is time for the quilt to hang on my design wall. I'll be making some trips by it--- taking peaks to see if it needs to have a surprise here and there.


I'm planning  space in my laundry room to hang this little quilt.  I estimate it will be about 24 to 26 inches square.  I feel like such a "rookie" with all this quilt making.  I have so many ideas and it seems so little time to just escape to my sewing room and sew---practice.  I read and see so many techniques I would like to try, but I never seem to get the time to do all that I would like to do.  Machine quilting is something that I would really like to use more than I do.  I know that all I have to do is set aside the time to work on my technique.  I have a simple home sewing machine, but I read that people use those all the time and really produce wonderful machine quilted items.  That's what I want to do.  I'm setting a goal for this fall (really beginning August 15th) to take time each day to machine quilt.  I think Dogs and Dots would be great machine quilted and I'm going to see that I get it done.  As Always, Happy Quilting!

No comments:

Post a Comment