My Favorites

Saturday, July 9, 2011

LRR Round 3 Done

If there are rules in Liberated Quilt making, I think I broke them in this round.  For some reason---not sure why I thought my little quilt top needed some curves.  So after putting together a variety of black strips (that have a rectangle look) from my bits and pieces bin I just took a pair of scissors and made curves.  Then I realized I needed to get square again---some how.  After much thought, picture looking, Internet searches, I decided to just do it "Jan's Way".  Well, not sure that was the right way, buy I think it worked.   I will add some applique to cover mistakes if necessary  I machine appliqued my quilt top on to yellow border fabric.   I almost ran out of yellow border fabric, one thing about the Round Robin I find myself planning at the sewing machine and not on paper.  Fun but sometimes I get lost in the process.  Dogs and Dots started with a center 9 patch block that was 6 1/2" square and the quilt is now 20" square.  Having fun with this little Liberated Round Robin, anxious for the next round July 22.  Have a great weekend and Happy Quilting!

No comments:

Post a Comment