My Favorites

Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Vintage Sampler



A few weeks ago I attended a wonderful auction---if you like quilts, cross stitch and collectibles for years gone by.  The house was well decorated with a wonderful collection of the things that warm the heart.  I was able to purchase a few quilts and this lovely cross stitch sampler.  The workmanship on this sampler and the quilts was excellent and you could tell the woman enjoyed the craft.  This is a good example of why it is important to label our completed quilts and other handwork.  I would have loved to known more about the woman who made this sampler and the quilts I purchased---I don't even know her name. 
I personally have a summer project underway of placing labels on the family quilts I own.  I still know the history and the next generation of owners may not---so join me in not only putting a little label on your creations but on the needlework creations of past family member's.  Have a great Wednesday and Happy Quilting!

No comments:

Post a Comment