My Favorites

Friday, June 24, 2011

Critter Quilt Block #1 Keesha

Critter Quilt Update #1.  Block #1 is Keesha.  I used a light box, fabric pens and an old photo to reproduce our little Keeshound.  She was such a crazy dog.  Very ADHD is that is possible in a dog.  Most of our animals were adopted, in some cases rescued from difficult situations.  Keesha was a replacement dog and she was never able to live up to the expectations of the owners.  They wanted to get rid of her.  Plus the owner had heart problems and trust me Keesha was not a dog to own if you have heart problems.  Keesha was a member of our household for about 10 years.  Great dog, a real test of your patience.  Now about the quilt block.  I have some general thoughts in mind about the Critter Quilt.  Like, the fabric for the blocks will come from my bits and pieces bin.  The blocks will be liberated---no measuring here, just cut and create.  I may be adding embellishments and embroidery to the blocks---not sure as of yet, but will post any changes I make as I go along.  All the blocks will have one thing in common---the dark blue/purple border.  As I think about what to do next to the Keesha block, I wish you a great weekend and Happy Quilting!

No comments:

Post a Comment