My Favorites

Monday, September 13, 2010

Log Cabin Christmas



Log Cabin Christmas is my last quilt to be sent to AAQI for the September 15 deadline. I will be sending more later in the year. Log Cabin Christmas was made from a vintage Log Cabin Block that started as a 5 x 5 inch square. What was so interesting about this block is that it is made up of what I believe to be a man's tie, silks and the center block looks like a little girl's dress. As usual, found it at an auction in a box of fabric. I'm not sure how old the original block is, but with the addition of the Christmas novelty prints and black it sure looks like Christmas.

The block is now a 9 x 9 inch square and could be hung, framed or used as a Mug Mat for Hot Chocolate.

Have a Great Monday and Happy Quilting!

No comments:

Post a Comment