My Favorites

Monday, May 10, 2010

Shadowed Memories



Cheese Cloth that I found on my hubby's work bench became the idea behind this little AAQI quilt I named Tears of Shadowed Memories. I also used a winter wonderland novelty print that shows different scenes of children at play in the snow. The novelty print represents a memory of good times---the cheese cloth is applied to half of the print. The cheese cloth mutes the print, it becomes hard to see and understand what exactly is going on----just as Alzheimer clouds and shadows the memories of a victim. Small clear beads within the cheese cloth represents the tear drops and sadness a victim and their loved ones feel as memories of fun times fade. The little quilt is hand quilted on silk weaved fabric with a raw edging to finish and measure 8 3/8" x 11 1/4".

No comments:

Post a Comment