My Favorites

Friday, September 18, 2009

Finishing Touches

The church bazaar quilt has been quilted and now is ready for binding.


This quilt is different than any of the other quilts I have bound, but I volunteered to bind so this is my challenge. A Wedding Ring quilt usually has a scalloped edge that requires a single-layer bias binding. This type of binding helps to reduce the bulk when turning and stitching. Scalloped edges also require you to clip the seam allowance to stitch a cleft of each scallop. This is a new technique for me and I'm anxious to give it a try. The finished quilt will be displayed and offered for silent auction bids on November 7. The combination of many hands, starting with the hand piecing of the top, to the hand quilting and finishing touches has created a bright and cheerful Wedding Ring quilt. The proceeds from the sale of this quilt will go to fund many outreach programs supported by the Lydia Circle Quilters.

No comments:

Post a Comment