My Favorites

Thursday, August 20, 2009

Under Construction


I've started this mini message quilt a few weeks ago. It is moving slowly to completion, because I experimented with this mini. First, I tried a color altering technique with the sun and bleach. On the plaid fabric I splattered bleach and let it dry in the sun. It was fun and I like the look. Second, I used tea dyed used dryer sheet behind the Psalm quote and third gold metallic thread for quilting. The metallic thread is what is slowing me down. Tip: When using metallic for hand quilting use small lengths of thread as it has the tendency to tangle and many times the gold will strip away from the thread leaving you with a knot and no metallic. If you take your time I think you will like the look. Gives things that little sparkle.

No comments:

Post a Comment