My Favorites

Sunday, August 16, 2009

Dawn is Breaking


I've been thinking about starting a blog for months and this morning, as dawn is breaking in Missouri I decided to give it a try. I thought how timely, dawn is not only breaking outside but also on my career as a blogger.
This blog is about---quilts and quilting---I come from a family of hand quilters, applique and embroidery loving people. I seem to always have a stitching project to work on. I've made the large quilts for family and friends. The latest large quilt I've completed was a Christmas present for my son. You can tell he's a baseball fan. This quilt was a challenge, since my son is older, I didn't want a little boy look. So I purchased some vintage baseball logo fabric from an eBay vendor and created the block by cutting the logo and ball diamond from the vintage fabric and appliqueing it on the pinstripe. The quilt is machine quilted with swirls and stars. The backing and binding is an off white.
I love working with vintage fabric and use it in my quilts as much as possible. I think Green. Thinking green is not a new thing for quilters. Over the decades of quilting, quilters have been using and reusing, quilts for batting, clothes for blocks and patches.

No comments:

Post a Comment